Belt Promotion Tests*
Updated September 2023
Belt Promotion Test
- Promotion tests are held once a month for qualified students.
- Tests are conducted for Kids, Kobudo, and Adults, in that order. The test applicants can leave at the end of each session.
Kids Classes (In-Person)
- In-person kids karate classes are available for students age 6-16.
- Students age 12-16 can choose to attend adult class instead of kids class, see below
- Enrollment in each class is limited. Students may only attend the class they are assigned.
- Please note: Small group class assignments are made by the Oshiro Dojo staff, in order to balance class size, ages, and ranks appropriately. If you are interested in a specific class, please let us know when you contact us; however, availability is not guaranteed.
Adult Classes (In-Person)
- In-person adult group karate classes are available for students age 12 and up.
- Students age 12-16 can choose to attend small group kids class instead of adult class, see above
- Students must have completed full COVID-19 vaccination (2 weeks after last dose) in order to attend in-person adult group class.
We require student to adhere to these policies:
- Masks are optional but recommended at the dojo for students and caregivers.
- Sanitizer (provided at the dojo entrance) is available for celaning hands and feet.
- Students should be dropped off 5 minutes or less before class and picked up within 5 minutes after class.
- Locker room usage is limited to one household at a time.
- Students must bring their own water, there is no shared water cooler at the dojo.
All policies are subject to change based on guidance from public health authorities. We thank you for your understanding and patience.